20 – 23 June 2017, Norwich, UK
Join us in Norwich, UNESCO City of Literature, to make global connections and meet showcased writers. Engage in discussions with other leaders in literature, explore approaches to international working, activism and technology, then use the Literature Lab to experiment, share ideas and kick-start new projects.
To apply to be part of this international gathering, complete this short application form before Monday 20 March 2017.
About the International Literature Showcase: Norwich
International Literature Showcase: Norwich is a gathering of the UK and international literature sector which takes place 20-23 June 2017 in Norwich, UK. It offers participants the opportunity to make new contacts and personally meet a selection of the UK writers showcased on the International Literature Showcase platform litshowcase.org.
Everything at International Literature Showcase: Norwich is focused on developing international collaboration and exchange. Participants will use time in Norwich to explore different ways of thinking and kick start new connections and projects. The programme offers a series of performances, best-practice exchanges, and workshops on the business of working with literature, including digital impact, activism, curatorial approaches, and audience development. And the new ‘Literature Lab’ provides a space to experiment, try out, and kick-start new ways of working.
Fifty places are available to literature professionals from the UK and overseas. Due to high demand in previous years, applications are invited through a competitive process and places will be awarded based on the potential for long term impact.
For those not travelling to Norwich, we’ll also be using innovative digital approaches to ensure much of the event is accessible, wherever in the world you are.
- A four-day residential event in the historic UNESCO City of Literature, Norwich;
- All food, accommodation, and activities while in Norwich covered for free; participants just pay travel to Norwich and any visas or travel insurance necessary;
- A Travel Fund bursary pot to support international travel to the UK for those for whom this would be a barrier.
What do participants gain by being part of the International Literature Showcase?
- A rare and valuable opportunity to access a uniquely tailored and concentrated programme of contemporary British Literature, to meet writers and leading UK and international practitioners in the field;
- The chance to present your work and form new connections with sector peers from the UK and around the world;
- Overview of UK sector cultural innovation and critical challenges;
- A space to experiment and prototype new ideas for your work, in collaboration with like-minded peers;
- Opportunity to access funding to support the development of international collaborative work (note: this is open to all who are part of the International Literature Showcase, whether you attend the Norwich event or not)
Applications will be assessed by a panel of representatives from the British Council and Writers’ Centre Norwich. Priority will be given to those who can demonstrate the greatest impact to their work against the following criteria:
- Is actively seeking to collaborate internationally with new partners;
- Keen to engage with contemporary British writes and their work;
- Is interested in developing new approaches to producing or presenting literature, or to grow new audiences for contemporary literature;
- Has engaged already with the International Literature Showcase via previous events, the website litshowcase.org, online discussions or Slack platform;
- English is of sufficient standard to participate fully in an English-language speaking event;
- Is available to attend the entire event 20-23 June.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities and will work with any successful applicants to ensure that access requirements are met and full participation assured.
Applications close: Monday 20 March 2017
Selected candidates will be notified by Friday 7 April
For further information: